Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Job Application to be a Knight

1.Q.    Prior experience with horseback riding?
A: Yes, I ride horses everywhere I go. In order to get into town, I need to ride a horse.
2.Q.   Who have you worked for? Kings/Queens?
A: I have worked for King Henry II. He made me stand at the gate of his castle and make sure no intruders came in.
3.Q.     Do you own a horse?
A: Yes, I have owned this one horse for quite some time that is very well trained.
4.Q.     Have you ever taken part in a battle?
A: No, I have never been in a battle before. King Henry II never made me a soldier. I want to get this job to protect the people and the king. If that means participating in war, I wouldn’t mind a bit.
5.Q. What are some good qualities that you think would make you a good knight for King Arthur?
A. I think that I am intelligent, and well-prepared for battle, if I need to be in it. I can do many jobs, and I am very handy. Though King Henry II never made me a soldier, I think that I would be good at that as well as any other job.
6.Q. Would you be able to work with any horse that King Arthur gives you, regardless of any previous experience with it? (instead of a horse you bring with you).
A. Yes. I can work with trained or untrained horses, so either way, I can work well. However, if possible, I would like to work with my own horse, because we have had time to get to know each other, and I believe that I would be most productive with my own animal.
7.Q. What sticks out most about you that would make you a better knight above other applicants?
A. I think that I am particularly good at adapting to any situation. I can move from being a soldier to guarding a castle, to almost anything else. If you need me to do a job, I can try to the best of my ability to fulfill that task in the most productive way possible. Many people are not able to do this, and I think it is one quality that makes me a more superior candidate.
8.Q.What are your expectations out of this job?
I hope to serve the people and King Arthur to the best of my ability by being a Knight of the Round Table. Since I was young, I have always wanted to be in such a noble position as a knight, and this would be the ideal job for me.
9. Q. Do you know how to handle and work with weapons?
        A.I have never been in battle and had to handle weapons but I do know how to handle things like knives and swords.
10. Q. Do you have any family you will be leaving while your at battle?
        A.I do have a family. I am married and have three children. I have prepared my family in case that I get this job for me not being home and told them everything. They want me to have this job and wish for me to fulfill my dreams.
11. Q. Do you know the responsiblities of a knight and that you are responsible for protecting yourself and the rest of the army.
         A.Yes, I realize that I am responsible for protecting myself and the rest of the army. They are like my family and once I become a knight I will look out for them and protect them like there are my own family.
Web Citations:
Image: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Knight's_spur.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment